Getting started on TCW is a simple process. If you follow the steps below you will be started in no time!
Registering an Account & Joining Discord
- Before starting anything you must read our Server and Discord rules. We advise checking the rules semi-regularly, as our rules page is updated from time to time.
- If you’re a Discord user, please Join the TCW Discord. This the hub of our communications and we highly recommend joining and being a part of the community. If you’ve never used Discord before, it’s very simple and easy to use. If you don’t want to use Discord, you can take part via the general chat tab in game.
- Make sure you register an account. This will be the account you use to log into TCW. You can register an account HERE. Make sure to check your junk/spam section if you can’t see the email in your inbox. Your TCW account name and Discord name are entirely separate and do not need to be the same.
- SWG TCW allows 1 account per person with up to 6 characters on the account. 3 characters can be logged in at a time from the account. If more than one person will be playing from the same IP address, approval from TCW Staff MUST be given prior to account/character creation. Please read the Same IP Account Request page for more information.
Installing Star Wars Galaxies and TCW Launcher
- Install a FRESH copy of Star Wars Galaxies onto your PC from the original disks.
- Once installed, make a copy of the installation folder and rename the copy ‘SWG TCW’. It is advised to keep a fresh, unused copy of SWG just in case you need it. The original installation can be re-copied should you need to do a fresh install without having to use the disks again.
- Download the latest version of the TCW Launcher onto your PC. You can download it HERE. Download the .exe version for the easiest process.
- Once downloaded, run the SWGTCW Launcher Setup.exe as administrator (right click, run as administrator). You can run it directly from your download folder location. This will install the Launcher onto your PC in its own folder (not your SWGTCW folder). A desktop and start menu shortcut will be created.
- Once the launcher is installed the launcher will come up and walk your through the setup process. Make sure you choose the SWG TCW folder you made earlier as your installation directory.
- While the launcher downloads the files, you can click Config at the bottom to increase your FPS (60 is best), RAM allocation (2GB is best), zoom out cap (preference) and change your login server screen skin/background between CIS and Republic (preference).
- You can click Options to set your resolution and other basic options.
- Once the launcher has finished installing, the PLAY button will change color to blue. You can now click the button and play!
If you run into issues, please use the welcome_lobby channel in our TCW Discord and a staff member will assist you.
Full credit and thanks to the Relics of Corbantis server and Progor for their open source launcher.
Full credit and thanks to the Sentinels Republic server and Tyclo for their open source launcher based on the RoC/Progor launcher base.